- 4 cups boiling water
- 2 pkgs. Simple Mixes Gelatin Mix (any flavor)
- 4 cups cold water
- 4 cups assorted fruits (watermelon balls, honeydew balls, banana slices, strawberry slices)
- Watermelon bowl*
- Add boiling water to gelatin mix in large bowl; stir 3 min. until completely dissolved. Stir in cold water.
- Refrigerate 1-1/2 hours or until thickened.
- Add fruits; stir until well blended. Spoon into watermelon bowl. Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.
Select a large round watermelon (12 to 14lbs). Cut off thin slice from bottom of melon, then cut off top 1/3 of melon. If desired, use sharp knife to scallop edge of larger watermelon piece. Scoop out fruit from both pieces with melon baller. Invert watermelon shell on paper towels; let stand to drain excess juices before filling with fruited gelatin. Mix desired amount of watermelon with other fruits before adding to gelatin as directed. Reserve remaining watermelon for snacking or another use.